Sunday 8 February 2015

Family uke session

The Boy has picked up the ukulele for the first time this weekend and has picked it up annoyingly quickly. I spent ages learning those chords and he's remembered them straight away. Little git. At least my fingers are long enough to reach the top string. Very proud of the way he's picking it up so quickly. He's even written a short song about Minecraft to the tune of "King Of The Road".

The parents came round today and Dad brought his uke too. Whilst I was busy in the engine room aka the kitchen, they were both having a bit of a music lesson. A very passable "Wanna Be Like You" from the Jungle Book was being knocked out.


Once I'd fed and watered the clan Dad and I got time to play together. Keeping up with him is the hard bit especially on songs I haven't played before. I find myself listening to what he's playing and not what I'm playing!


We need to get Ben sorted out with a little uke and then we can have a 3 generation jam. Bosh.

1 comment: